Jagriti Innovations worked with Sankalp India Foundation in creating a powerful thalassemia management tool which makes the job of managing patients with Thalassemia extremely simple and effective for institutions delivering this healthcare. This tool is typically deployed at a day care center where the patients are coming for transfusion. It is single point of storage of all information related to these patients and generates automatic alerts, reports and indicators on the progress and treatment of each child and the centre as a whole. The features include:
- Scheduling for transfusion
- Captures the blood components which are given to the child
- Estimates the volume of blood that should be transfused based upon the pre transfusion hemoglobin and weight
- Keeps track of the freshness of the blood that is supplied to tha patients
- Allows tracking of the variation of hemoglobin with time graphically
- Captures and indicates any reactions that are triggered by transfusions
- Allowing early detection and warning for abnormal antibodies
- Sets of automatic indicators for need for ferritin tests
- Tracks variation in ferritin levels and need to start chelations
- Tracks chelation therapy with dosage and compliance
- Flags off abnormal ferritin and missed chelation
- Sets of indicators for need of various lab investigations after stipulated period of time
- Tracks all related investigations including Hematology, Electrophorosis, Biochemistry, Serology, LFT/RFT, Thyroid Profile, Genetic Evaluation, Radiology and Ultrasonography, HLA typing, ECG etc.
- Flags abnormal results including serological complications
- Maintains tabular and graphical history of variation for each of the tests enabling monitoring care effectively.
- Enables tracking the carrier status of family members
- Enables cascade screening program
- Enables identification of vulnerable couples for counselling and potentially antenatal screening
- Enables growth monitoring through WHO growth charts
- Enables flagging fitness for BMT using standard criteria for donor as well as sibling
- Enables tracking of family support including travel reimbursement, financial support etc.
- Enables recording and analysis of social profiles for the patients
- Enables tracking on and reporting of incidences, procedures, complications etc.
Day Care Centre Management
- Inventory Management and Finance Management
- Evaluation of effectiveness of the transfusion support, chelation support, reactions and lab investigations
- Enables early detection of problems, research and better visualisation of the potential threats.
Awards and Recognitions
- The tool Thalcare has been adjudged "WINNER of Manthan Award Asia Pacific - 2013" under e-Health category.
- The android based patient thalassemia App was adjudged the Second Runner Up in the Novartis Thalassemia App Challenge
- Sankalp India Foundation was declared one of the winners under Thalassemia category.