BMTPlus is the first dedicated software platform for complete management of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. It is particularly designed for both start up and established transplant centers participating in network collaborations and willing to implement quality assurance programs according to FACT/JACIE standards.
BMTPlus enables comprehensive data recording, analyzing and reporting for all stages of BMT including enrolment, preparation and follow-up. While providing a in-house Eletronic Medical Record (EMR) system specifically designed for BMT patients, it facilitates data reporting to international transplant organizations such as the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) or the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).
BMTPlus provides professional development tools, core competency assessments and monitoring as well as medical error management. Drugs and consumable supplies inventory, equipment maintenance management as well as patient-specific and general BMT cost tracking are provided through a single interface.
BMTPlus has been developed in collaboration with the Cure2Children Foundation, a non-profit organization promoting global access to cure for children with cancer and blood disorders.
- Enrolment : Enables capturing enrolment data, general medical evaluation, disease-specific summary, notes, socio-economic profile etc.
- Selection: Tracks the process of identifying and screening potential donors.
- Preparation: Enables and tracks the process of scheduling, conditioning and preparing patient for transplant.
- Transplant: Daily clinical forms allow monitoring through pre and post-transplant phases including vital signs, lab reports, transfusions, medications, complications, nursing notes, as well as, consultant's notes.
A clinical form with tabular display of essential daily parameters (weight, maximal temperature, blood counts, liver and renal function tests) to be monitored during the critical phase of BMT enabled at-a-glance clinical assessment. The system also offers charts plotting height and weight z-scores based on 'The WHO Child Growth Standards', which is very relevant for both pre-transplant and follow up assessments. Enables consultants and other professionals, including multidisciplinary experts who may not be available locally, from various collaborating centers to share knowledge and provide general as well as patient-specific advice.
Notifications and Alerts
- Generates statuses related to relevant parameters such as lack of critical pre-BMT tests, requirement for an evaluation within a defined time from BMT or relevant alerts, e.g. allergies, hepatitis or HIV positivity.
- The system warns of any critical enrolment data missing, tracks BMT preparation status, monitors post-transplant critical parameters and highlights any abnormalities including missed labs.
- Follow-up height and weight according to standard growth curves is monitored.
- Each time there is a change the concerned individuals are immediately notified by email.
- Periodic emails are sent to the concerned individuals indicating the status of the patient on all parameters that need attention.
- The tool enables development, implementation and assessment of quality system in accordance with FACT-JACIE. It systematically highlights the areas where progress is being made and opportunities for improvement.
- Enables status tracking of the organisation on the compliance to each standard listed in the accreditation checklist
- Automatic triggers for standards that need to be re-evaluated
- Enables distribution of responsibility and accountability for maintaining a quality assurance scheme.
- Provides both high and low level view of areas that need attention on a real time basis.
- Records personnel’s name and employment related information
- Job descriptions for all personnel including their responsibilities, authorities, and position requirements (e.g. degrees, skills, experience, training) - periodic review of same.
- Periodic competency evaluation target critical job functions
- Mechanism to document and to provide opportunities for continuing education related to job position
Inventory and Costs
- Tracking, monitoring and storage of materials and reagents
- Automatic alerts when stocks reach configurable reorder level
- Enables tracking and prevention of expiry
- Provides insight into patient wise, vendor wise, date wise and item-wise costs
- Provides option to maintain multiple store locations
- Supplier details, agreement and service history.
- Invoice generation
Private, Confidential and Reliable
- The electronic records offer accuracy, integrity, identity, and confidentiality.
- Fast retrieval and review of critical information for emergency intervention.
- Limited access to only authorised program personnel based upon user and role specific permissions.
- Multi level back-up and option to restore old records. (Backup at remote servers included)
- Enables change tracking and records identity of users making changes
- In-built support desk and in-line system documentation
- Designed for minimise faults by using submission validation, preview etc.
- The platform can operate in a stand-alone or a multi center mode.
- Multi-center mode allows for usage of common protocols, procedures, quality management systems, and review of clinical results and regular interaction.
- Allows for involvement of remote professionals for consultation and monitoring.
Vist the product site here